With Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor and Macy’s, and an impressive 300+ specialty shops and restaurants, Tysons Corner Center is one thing all of Washington, D.C. can agree on. The consensus is clear: Tysons has a winning mix of fashion, dining and entertainment — and a retail reputation that brings the newest concepts and the latest names here, first. Close to everything in Fairfax County and just 13 miles from the nation’s capital, Tysons Corner Center is a favorite for locals and a vibrant, retail monument that draws visitors from all over the world.
Tysons Corner Center is proud to be a community partner. We strive to meet community challenges through a combination of employee volunteerism, financial support, in-kind donations and partnerships with non-profit organizations which have missions consistent with our vision and values.
Each year, Tysons Corner Center will contribute a preset amount of funds in the form of Gift Cards, merchandise and use of property to a diverse group of organizations. Hundreds of requests are anticipated each year. Donation recipients may include civil organizations' education programs; food banks; foundations; hospitals and health care organizations; youth programs; performing arts and museums and many more. Each request is reviewed carefully, however, not all requests can be granted.
Macerich recognizes the importance of environmental and social considerations in conducting our business. We strive to conduct our business in a socially responsible manner that balances consideration of environmental and social issues with creating long term value for our Company and our stockholders. Macerich is committed to improving its natural resource efficiency and demonstrating that the operation and development of its properties can be conducted in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner. Consideration of these issues is an ongoing part of operations, whether it relates to our offices or centers.
Macerich has already achieved many benefits through our concerted environmental efforts as outlined in our Sustainability Report. Click here
to view a copy of our Sustainability Report. In our Sustainability Report we are pleased to share details of Macerich’s company-wide efforts to operate in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner. Sustainability has become a guiding principle that is integrated throughout our organization and become part of our corporate culture. Macerich’s Sustainability Program began in 2008 and since that time comprehensive efforts have focused on our people, our properties and our processes. In this Sustainability Report you will learn about our efforts in four key focus areas and specific programs for the following:
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Management & Operational Efficiencies
- Sustainable Developments and Redevelopments
- Recycling and Solid Waste Management
- Water Conservation Transportation and Parking
- Solar Program
Our success to date has shown that environmental and financial goals are not mutually exclusive. Recently, we elevated our efforts and are in the process of installing solar panels at 11 properties in Arizona, California, Colorado Connecticut and New York. These solar installations are part of our new partnership with Panasonic Eco Solutions North America that is designed to yield an estimated 10MW of clean energy, enough to power approximately 10,000 homes. Centers participating in this solar initiative are: Panorama Mall, Los Cerritos Center, The Oaks, Lakewood Center, FlatIron Crossing, Fresno Fashion Fair, SanTan Village, Queens Center, Danbury Fair Mall, Inland Center, and Twenty Ninth Street.
Macerich is committed to generating real savings and environmental impacts that enhance our position in our communities and with our stockholders and partners across the industry. Through this commitment, we look forward to increasing the benefits for Macerich and the environment in the years ahead.What We’re Doing at Tysons Corner Center
Our Security Staff uses Global Electric Motorcars and Segways instead of vehicles powered by gas.
We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.Energy Consumption Reduction
– We use day lighting in appropriate areas of the center while reducing some of our lease efficient accent lighting and high voltage lighting fixtures. In addition, motion sensors will be installed in non-customer areas, storage rooms, and Management Offices to reduce lighting usage when not needed for operation. Finally, retailers will be encouraged to eliminate after-hours lighting in storefronts and within their space. Hybrid Parking Program
– The Hybrid Parking Program was launched in 2008 as a first to market visionary program. The program designates 15 highly desired and convenient parking spaces as Hybrid parking spaces through signage. This program has received acclaim from our local County Supervisors and Officials as well as our shoppers for supporting the use sustainable environmental practices and products. Innovative Marketing Collateral
– In 2008, the Tysons Corner Center Marketing Department began a commitment to printing with post-consumer recycled materials for consumer collateral pieces. Currently, hand-held directories, Shopping and Dining Visitor Reward Booklets, holiday greeting cards as well as other pieces are printed using post-consumer recycled materials. In addition, system upgrades in the our new Tysons Corner Center gift card branded by American Express program have significantly reduced the amount of printing necessary for record keeping and purchase verification. Finally in 2009, Tysons Corner Center unveiled our new reusable and environmentally friendly consumer shopping bags. These bags are made of 95 percent recycled materials and without harmful dies and manufacturing processes. This commitment to continue to provide our customer with the best service and amenities parallels our ongoing commitment to sustainable practices for the environment.Strategic and Sustainable Security Plan
– Tysons Corner Center is a leader in our commitment to the safety and service for our shoppers and the impact these services have on the environment. Launching in 2008, our Strategic and Sustainable Security plan entails the use of alternative patrolling schedules, Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Segway patrolling, and increased bicycle patrolling. These patrolling methods are environmentally friendly and socially impactful, as they increase the awareness of Security to our customer and community, while minimizing the affect these practices have on the environment by utilizing renewal resources and minimizing the use of fossil fuels. Retailer-Generated Product Recycling
– Tysons Corner Center successfully partners with our retailers to promote sustainable and efficient recycling of retailer generated products.