Senior Game Advisor
The Senior Game Advisor provides outstanding guest service experiences in a selling culture using elements of
GameStop's buy, sell, trade, and reservation business model, the Circle of Life. Working under general supervision, this position ensures products are easy to see and buy, builds sales by sharing product and gaming knowledge with guests, provides a clean, organized environment in which to shop, and creates guest loyalty and repeat business.
This position will also assist the store management team in supervising store activities. Senior game advisors model behaviors and actions that are needed to ensure every guest has an experience in the store which reflects our top notch guest service.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Provide best-in-class guest service: promptly greet guests, respond to guest questions/concerns quickly, effectively and courteously, assist guests with meeting their video gaming needs, inform guests of special promotions, trade-in program, recommend additional items as appropriate, applies all selling behaviors during every transaction, and thank every guest for shopping at GameStop; prioritize guests over tasks and demonstrate that commitment by circulating throughout the store,(remove “to assist them”).
- Promptly process accurate guest purchases/return transactions via Point-of-Sale (POS) computer system, ensuring they experience top notch guest service
- Respond to guest comments or questions in person or on the phone; answer phone calls promptly, courteously and professionally, ensuring every guest receives top notch guest service
- Promote GameStop’s new title reservation program and the PowerUp Rewards guest loyalty program
- Assist with supervising staffing levels to achieve optimum guest service at all times and ensure that best in class guest service is consistently provided
- Assist leaders with store inventory counts, stocking/restocking of merchandise on shelves and fixtures, and moving product from the stock room to the front of the store to ensure that all products in the store are represented, organized, and alphabetized on the selling floor
- Assist store team in meeting and exceeding sales, profit and shrink goals and accomplish administrative and operational duties set by Store Leader
- Count, balance and reconcile daily business transaction totals correctly and accurately in the POS system
- Ensure that Game Planner and all closeout paperwork for daily business transactions and bank deposit slips are completed correctly and accurately; assist management to ensure store has sufficient cash and change for sales transactions; make bank deposits daily per established guidelines
- Check shipments for discrepancies/shortages and record any discrepancies in the POS system
- Visually inspect associates' and leaders' packages and/or belongings at store closing or at the end of a shift
- Supervise and delegate tasks to Game Advisors in absence of management
SENIOR GUEST ADVISOR
Provide timely and appropriate feedback to Store Leader concerning associate performance issues
Verify Game Advisors’ hours worked for the week and accurately close out the payroll week in absence of management.
- Building Guest Loyalty – Effectively meets guest’s needs; builds productive guest relationships; takes responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Guest Focus – Makes guests and their needs a primary focus (remove “of one’s actions”); develops and sustains productive guest relationships; seeks to understand and educate guests on product; takes action to meet guest needs and concerns
- Delegating Responsibility – Allocates task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individual’s effectiveness
- Energy - Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over periods of time.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- Must be able to provide genuine and friendly assistance to every guest during every visit
- At least 1 year of retail sales, guest service, and/or management experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Video game knowledge preferred
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms / hands, climb on ladders, and lift merchandise weighing up to
- 30 lbs. from ground level to minimum height of 4 feet
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted for up to 10 hours
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits as required
To apply: please visit https://careers.gamestop.com/us/en/job/Req-73897/Retail-Staff-Store-4232