Oh, the Places We’ll Go! Kilburn Live is proud to announce the award-winning Dr. Seuss Experience is making its next stop on it’s international tour in Tysons, VA!! Guests get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel through some of Dr. Seuss’ most popular stories, all brought into the physical world for the first time. Guests can play games, solve riddles, and transverse through these wondrous worlds like never before!
To see the Experience for yourself, be sure to check us out at ExperienceSeuss.com!
We have an Onsite Job fair to meet all of you and to determine which position could be best for you. Dates and info will be given to you after you apply.
The position starts late March 2023, and end around Labor Day (September 2023)
We have the following roles to fill:
- Box office team (scanning and selling tickets)
- Retail team (sell, restock merchandise in the gift shop of experience)
- Entertainment Hosts (work inside each activation inside the experience)
- Costume characters and handlers (5’-5’9 height requirement)
As a member of our Dr. Seuss Experience Team, your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure the policies & procedures of each experience within the exhibit is operating to standard, allowing for guests to move efficiently through each experience and have a great time while doing so.
- Scan and redeem tickets within the experience, keeping account for room capacity and guest flow.
- Help restock merchandise as part of the retail team
- Enthusiastically host within & operate various elements of the Seuss Experience, including rides, games, and challenges, all while serving as a personable, approachable, positive personality for our guests at all times.
- Occasional upkeep/cleaning of experience-specific props and set pieces in alignment with design team specifications, reporting any deficiencies to relevant management.
- Provide world class customer service to our guests, facilitating guess feedback and concerns to relevant management as necessary
- High School Diploma preferred
- Previous professional experience in the customer service, entertainment/events or hospitality industry preferred.
- Ability and/or comfort to work in large-group environments with multiple staff and up to several dozen guests at a time. Public speaking comfort and experience strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages a plus but not required.
- Ability to work 20-40 hours per week including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- This position requires prolonged periods of standing, walking, repetitive motions, arm waving, bending, kneeling and climbing, at time while wearing costume.
All applicants must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
All qualified candidates may require passing a criminal background and vulnerable sector check.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: Starts at $17.00 per hour
To apply: email AdminSeuss@kilburnmedia.com to set up an interview!