About the Role
As a Banana Republic stylist, you will help create aspirational and on trend looks
that enhance the customer's emotional connection to the brand. You will be an
expert on styling and fashion, with a thorough understanding of designers,
brands and seasonal trends. As a stylist, you will contribute to a positive,
friendly and inclusive environment that inspires and makes our customers feel
welcome. Your goal is to grow the business by genuinely wanting to create an
outstanding customer experience.
Health and safety are our top priority and we are committed to evolving our health and
safety practices to keep our teams, customers and communities at the core of
every decision we make. We’re taking care by requiring employees who are not
fully vaccinated to wear masks and recommending our customers do the same.
Employees who are fully vaccinated may choose to wear masks, depending on their
comfort level. In addition, our stores have health guards at checkout,
increased cleaning and sanitation efforts and physical distancing guides. We’ve
also implemented associate health screenings and require all employees to do a
health check at the start of each shift.
What You'll Do
- Take inspiration from credible and relevant fashion references, including current
style icons and influencers, and translate that inspiration into action by
solving customer styling needs.
- Connect and engage with customers authentically to understand their styling needs.
- Serve as a Brand storyteller to create experiences that drive sales and achieve store
goals, with the customer as the primary focus.
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with our Words to Live By.
- Assist in creating an inclusive environment where our customers and employees feel a
sense of belonging.
- Support sales floor, fitting room, cash wrap, back of house, as required.
Who You Are
- Styling experience in luxury fashion and/or strong knowledge of trends and designer
brands with the ability to translate that knowledge into solving customer
- Effective communicator with experience in creating meaningful connections with customers
that build brand loyalty.
- Flexible and adaptable to work shifts that meet the needs of the business; flexible
and/or consistent scheduling may be available.
- Ability to maneuver around the salesfloor, stockroom, and office and lift up to 30lb,
with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Passionate about hospitality, fashion and styling.
- Comfortable engaging with customers.
- Team player.
- Champion of Gap Inc. culture.
- Curious with a “can do” attitude.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap,
Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity
of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an
employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer. *For eligible employees.
How to Apply
Go to this website https://www.gapinc.com/en-us/careers/banana-republic-careers type in the zip code 22102 and click on Mclean, VA to apply to the open