The American Girl Washington, DC retail store and bistro is looking for a dynamic individual to deliver an outstanding dining experience to our guests as a Seasonal Host in our Bistro. The Host is responsible for greeting and seating restaurant guests, managing reservations and working with the restaurant team. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and can handle challenging service situations with sound judgment and a positive, professional demeanor, we want to hear from you.
- Greets guests promptly and provides timely seating of guests by maintaining accurate waitlists, while maximizing seating capacity.
- Manages large crowds in a professional manner and is able to resolve challenging service situations diplomatically.
- Creates and maintains a pleasant ambiance in the dining room and party rooms through lighting, music and table placement.
- Communicates accurate dining room and party room setup, along with special requests and birthday information, to the restaurant team.
- Shares information on the store and restaurant events with guests.
- Utilizes Guestbridge reservation and InfoGenesis register systems, along with Microsoft Office, to perform job functions.
- Initiates training opportunities with restaurant staff.
- Assists restaurant staff as needed in providing an outstanding dining experience.
- Experience as a restaurant host, hotel concierge, or related customer service position, preferred.
- Computer skills including restaurant reservation and POS systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and use of basic office equipment (copiers/fax), preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE!