Assistant Store Manager, Multiple Variants
Reports to: Store Manager
Maximize company sales growth and profitability by leading the entire store team to execute company plans and strategies to deliver an engaging experience to every customer, every time.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, manage and delegate workload and ensure execution of plans and strategies across the store and in assigned area.
- Align with the management team on store business goals as well as the company mission, goals and initiatives to all store associates.
- Partner with the Store Manager to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the store, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, safety, loss prevention, human resources, payroll/scheduling and training.
- Analyze reporting daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly and prepare information relating to and/or affecting sales, productivity and budget to communicate to the area, region or national levels.
- Focus on promoting and driving sales as they pertain to, or are driven by, position and acting as the Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Communicate regularly with the management team concerning all aspects of sales, customer feedback/traffic and associate training/performance. Participate in weekly store walk-throughs with the management team and follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with direct reports promote the customer experience and a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service. Set expectations and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent reading and written language skills (English)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong proactive problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to set expectations and hold others accountable
- Strong delegation skills in support of execution and driving results
- Proven ability to build a culture focused on success and teamwork
- Required to spend significant time on the sales floor, interacting with customers, observing day to day operations, coaching, and helping whenever and wherever needed.
- Ability to work a full time flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Majority of time in this role will be spent interacting with customers and associates in the store and ensuring that the store business is running smoothly.
- Ability to be in the store as the Manager on Duty multiple times a week.
- Hourly team members and several leaders within multiple departments will rely on you in the store for everyday operations and ongoing efforts like associate development and performance management.
- 2+ years customer service or retail leadership experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google applications, computer systems and tablet devices
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years customer service or retail leadership experience preferred
Physical and Visual Activities**
On a daily basis, must be able to constantly have visual acuity near and far, stand, operate computers/POS/office equipment, move around the facility and communicate. Ability to frequently handle paperwork and/or remain stationary. May occasionally lift, carry, reach, kneel, crawl, push/pull, climb, balance, bend, crouch, twist or have foot controls for operating equipment.
Movement of product, supplies and/or boxes to and from all levels of the store and stockroom. Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet; heavier product with team assist. Furniture: Ability to move up to 300 lbs with appropriate equipment.
Hot/cold temperature changes, concrete floors, odors, dust and mechanical/electrical/chemical hazards possible
**In accordance with applicable law, associates will be provided with reasonable accommodations as necessary and appropriate to perform the position’s requirements.
NOTE: The KRAs and other aspects of the job listed on this job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants can apply by visiting https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/location/mclean-jobs/351/6252001-6254928-4772354/4