Lord and Taylor at the Tyson's Corner Center are currently recruiting for Seasonal Day Part Time and Night part time sales associates to join our team. For more information regarding opportunities, please visit our career site at http://www3.hbc.com/careers/. Job ID number is: 1900064S
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Seasonal Sales Associate represents Lord & Taylor and its ideals of service and quality to the customer. The seasonal sales associate must always be ready to assist customers quickly and efficiently with merchandise selection and ensure that the customer's overall Lord & Taylor experience is a positive one. As representatives of Lord & Taylor's fashion image, all Sales Associates are expected to dress in a professional manner. Seasonal Associates must be able to work in a high-paced, team-oriented environment and have strong people skills. Earn Extra cash and enjoy a generous shopping discount during the holiday season.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
You Also Have:
- Experience in a service/selling industry preferred.
- An understanding of fashion is preferred.
- Engaging personality.
As The Seasonal Sales Associate, You Will:
- Must be available to work weekends.
- Generate sales by determining customer's needs.
- Maintain floor standards, general appearance and cleanliness of department.
- Understand all systems and procedures relating to sales and credit transactions.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Compensation: $12 per hour