Lord & Taylor — Department Supervisor for Woman’s Shoes
January 25, 2018
The Department Supervisor supports the workflow of the store's Sales Associates by executing department merchandising and operational functions to Company Standards. At HBC, service is about more than responding to your customers: it’s about anticipating, engaging, and offering solutions. In short, you are Lord and Taylor’s connection to the customers, and the Company relies on you to delight them!
Delighting the Customer
• Is knowledgeable about promotions, product knowledge, customer service policies, and procedures.
• Sets the standard for the Signature Customer Experience within their area by complying with all of the
• Lord & Taylor’s Service Standards.
• Demonstrates leadership as a problem solver and decision-maker by efficiently resolving customer's questions and requests.
• Assists with global store communications.
• Works with all Executives to ensure integrity and adherence to the communication.
• Based on unique circumstances of the store, may be required to perform store opening and/or store closing procedures.
• Offers suggestions for improvement to Management.
• Support department associates teams in executing Company standards by utilizing promotional updates, look books, etc. in accordance with Lord & Taylor merchandise presentation standards.
• Supervises department and fitting room recovery standards in accordance with merchandising standards, including maintaining fitting rooms, sales floor and work areas.
• Assists with price changes, RTV’s, Transfers, and other paperwork as directed by store management.
• Assists in the maintenance of Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines
• Prior experience in sales, customer service or other work environment working with the public.
• Prior supervisory experience in one of the above environments.
• Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
• Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
• Regular attendance is required.
• The Department Supervisor works on the retail sales-floor, and may be expected to work a range of retail hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Equal Opportunity Employer