Build-A-Bear Workshop — Associate Manager
October 9, 2017
Job Title: Associate Workshop Manager
Reports to: Chief Workshop Manager
Position type: Part-time Hourly (20 – 30 hours per week). This job is part-time and a flexible schedule that works
with the needs of the business is required.
The Associate Workshop Manager must be an exceptional role model in delivering superior Guest service and motivating the team to do the same. They will partner with the Chief Workshop Manager to promote operational excellence, while developing the knowledge and skills required to supervise the store effectively.
Responsible for assisting the Chief Workshop Manager in directing and leading a team of dynamic individuals to achieve the company objectives in regards to WOW Guest experiences, WOW associate experiences meeting the financial goals set forth by the company.
· Models behaviors and energizes associates as Floor Leader to ensure proper floor coverage, quality Guest service, completion of daily tasks and adherence to company standards. Provides clear and effective direction to the team and delegates effectively.
· Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed as they relate to Guests, associates and overall operations of the store.
· Understands and ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations that govern store operation and labor practices
· Assists in the development of a Guest service and sales driven associate team by participating in the training of new Bear Builder associates. Provides practical, timely and consistent feedback and coaching. Communicates issues to Chief Workshop manager and collaborates on resolution of associate issues.
· Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Maintains a positive and motivational style in all communication and actions to promote productivity and ownership...
· Maintains daily awareness of merchandise in stock, current marketing campaigns and promotions. Assists in the timely processing of damages and shipments to maintain accurate inventory control. Communicates any issues to Chief Workshop Manager.
· Executes company visual presentation expectations by following company standard guidelines and utilizing store presentation tools to ensure brand consistency.
· Maintains store’s cleanliness and safety measures through proper associate training and delegation to meet company housekeeping and maintenance standards.
· Assists management team with payroll and timekeeping procedures. Audits daily punches to ensure accuracy and compliance with BABW policies and procedures.
· Processes Guest transactions, performs register functions and follows company cash management policies and procedures.
· One + Years with a proven, successful track record in a customer centric business, preferably in specialty retail or restaurant business.
· Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent. College degree a plus.
· Is ambitious and success oriented.
· Exceptional leadership and selling skills.
· Models personal and professional integrity.
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including verbal and written communication.
· Organized and planful; pays attention to details.
· Is flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.
· Fosters a high energy environment and demonstrates an appreciation for children of all ages.
Job descriptions are used for informational purposes only, are not to be considered all inclusive of responsibilities within a position, and may change periodically with or without notice. In addition, we reserve the right to add, delete, change duties, formally or informally, verbally or in writing, at any time for any position. Job descriptions do not alter the at-will policy of the Company, meaning that the employee or employer can terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause.
Equal Opportunity Employer