TEAVANA — Team Lead
September 8, 2017
Job Summary and Mission:
Tea has been a part of Starbucks heritage since 1971, when the company was founded as StarbucksCoffee, Tea and Spices. Since acquisition in 2012, the Teavana team has been on a mission to do for tea what Starbucks has done for coffee.Our goal is to enrich our customers’ daily lives physically, emotionally, and spiritually, which will come to life in many channels, forms and experiences. The team Lead will serve as a manager on duty and provides sales floor, visual and operational supervision as required. They will support the store team by fostering a positive work environment, modeling and maintaining the Teavana values for our customers and partners and acting in accordance with Teavana guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for maintaining personal sales levels and has the ability to drive store results through others.
- Responsible for serving as manager on duty in addition to opening and closing the store in accordance with company standards.
- Models the sales experience by providing a customized, positive, and welcoming customer service experience and sampling for all customers from start to finish.
- Consistently provides quality beverages for all customers by adhering to all recipe standards and provides samples according to recipe specification.
- Responsible for keeping beverage station cleaned, stocked and organized at all times.
- Communicates regularly with peer team and store manager about identified issues, observations, insights, and suggestions.
- Communicates and behaves in a way that promotes a unified store management team.
- Sets a fast pace for quality and efficiency on non-selling tasks to ensure maximum productivity that does not detract from store sales.
- Provides input to the store manager regarding opportunities for coaching to the store team to achieve sales and operational goals.
- Observes, coaches and provides feedback to partners to improve customer experience and sales results.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Monitors, maintains and follows Teavana policies and procedures, including cashing handling, safety and security policies and procedures.
- Actively problem solves to identify and solve store problems appropriately when leading a shift.
- Understands and consistently demonstrates the importance of sampling to sell.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Team Lead Operational Responsibilities – ensures store inventory is organized and maintained according to Teavana standards to facilitate easy and effective replenishment. Responsible for leading all shipping, receiving, company recalls, and all stock areas while helping the store to achieve sales objectives.
- Ensures proper storage and organization of all stock is maintained at all times including any off site stock rooms.
- Manages all weekly shipments ensuring they are processed to floor ready standards and stocked in the proper place on the sales floor or in stock room(s) within 24 hours of receiving.
- Monitors open Purchase Orders to prepare for incoming orders and correct any errors. team lead, sales & operations
- Ensures completion of all stock transfers including proper handling of damaged and defective merchandise, labeling product in the back room, under and over stock.
- Ensures appropriate rotating, dating, and organizing the back stock tea according to standard and store specific stock needs.
- Responsible for training all team members and team leads on the responsibilities of stock standards.
- Responsible for ensuring all new promotional marketing collateral and product has arrived, is clearly labeled, and properly stored prior to the roll-out.
Team Lead Visual Responsibilities –ensures the overall store visual integrity. Upholds Teavana's brand image by leading store cleanliness standards, adhering to Teavana's merchandising guide, and ensuring maintenance of store fixtures.
- Maintains integrity of Teavana visual displays while implementing and complying with Visual Merchandise Manual.
- Adjusts visual presentation to consistently ensure proper product placement; including times of markdowns and other company visual campaigns.
- Maintains ongoing inventory of all fixtures and visual elements for the location and corrects problems when appropriate, utilizing established maintenance procedures.
- Ensures store is a neat, clean and safe environment for all partners and customers at all times by implementing a cleaning schedule for the store.
- Responsible for training all team members and team leads on the responsibilities of visual presentation standards.
Summary of Experience:
Previous retail experience (1 year)
Experience selling (1 year)
Experience leading and coaching teams (6 months – 1year)
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Six (6) months or more of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers
- Comply with, coach and model a dress code that prohibits certain materials and styles, such as denim and sleeveless tops
- Prepare beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, such as recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Six (6) months or more of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more employees
- Perform, coach and model in a role that requires the use of specific sales techniques
- Minimum of 18 years of age or older team lead, sales & operations
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates ability to sell and increase sales in a retail environment.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to communicate effectively under pressure.
- Ability to lead teams and effectively delegate.
- Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action toward improvement.
- Demonstrates ability to follow up on assigned tasks.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Equal Opportunity Employer