TEAVANA — Assistant Store Manager
September 8, 2017
At Teavana we aspire to a life that’s more flavorful, more colorful and more delicious. We are students of the world of tea – respecting its ancient traditions and reimagining them for new tea enthusiasts.
Teavana became part of the Starbucks family in 2012. Tea has always been part of Starbucks heritage—the company was founded as Starbucks Coffee, Tea and Spices in 1971. Our goal to share the vibrance of super-premium tea with more people is well underway. The Teavana team is been on a mission to do for tea what Starbucks has done for coffee.
As a Retail Assistant General Manager you oversee store staff and operations to create a top-notch customer experience while also contributing to your store’s financial and operational success—all under the direction of and in partnership with your General Manager.
Using your past retail experience you will:
Foster your store’s sales success: Use a consultative sales approach to cater to each customer’s needs.
Manage a store team: Support the recruitment, retention and training of new hires. Lead by example, provide feedback and coach to develop a successful store team and positive team environment.
Run store operations: Ensure smooth flow of operations and consistently review store environment and business indicators for areas of improvement, working with your General Manager to implement improvements.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Progressively responsible retail experience (2 years)
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment (1 year)
- Experience leading and coaching teams (1 – 2 year)
- Experience selling (commission based sales or specialty retail preferred) and training others
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays, including a total of 40 or more hours per week
Equal Opportunity Employer